Find answers, ask questions, and connect with others in our UK cycling & mountain bike forum.

• 125 mile in 12.5 hours……….

hugo15 updated 11 years, 11 months ago 5 Members · 7 Posts
    This page may contain affiliate links which means that Cycling Addicts earns from qualifying purchases. See our full disclosure. This page may contain affiliate links.
  • Gunner

26 May 2009 at 7:15 pm

I’m loosely planning a 125 mile ride.

At the moment I’ve a provisional date set which unfortunately clashes with the White Rose Challenge, which is a shame as I have been hooked after the Richmond Event.

Never mind however, as this ride will be a challenge in itself. 😀

I have set a provisional route which looks like this, with the direction being taken as anti clockwise:

http://www.bikehike.co.uk/mapview.php?id=8061

The challenge will be to ride the 125 miles in 12.5 hours.

The significance of 125 I hear you mutter……….. 😕 😕

I am doing this ride with 2 guys who work for Marks and Spencer, which is currently celebrating its 125 years anniversary and during this time is raising funds through events for a charity which it supports, namely Teesside Hospice.

If anyone wishes to join us, feel free.

The date will be Sunday July 19th.

Start times are still awaiting confirmation, but it will be around the 0700hrs I would imagine.

There is no pressure to acheive sponsorship but any donations would be gratefully received.

Further details to be posted as arrangements progress.

• HarryB

26 May 2009 at 7:31 pm

Much as I’d love to join you I’ll be in the Alps. I’d love to say I’ll be thinking about you but I’ll have enough on my plate getting up those bloody big hills.

As for 12.5hrs for 125 miles that’s more than enough for a leisurely ride. Just looked on my Garmin and my actual riding time (minus stops for refeshments and slashes) was 6hrs 17mins so I’d say you’ll have plenty of time if your mates are your standard.

Hope the weather’s nice and there’s no bloody wind

• Gunner

26 May 2009 at 7:39 pm

Hope the weather’s nice and there’s no bloody wind

I hope so Harry, as that will also be part of the challenge, it will be a “one off” thing so it will be rain or shine………….or ruddy wind as it seems to be lately. 🙄 🙄

• vince

26 May 2009 at 8:01 pm

Sounds interesting.What are you planning in way of training for this ? Just increase your ride distance over the next couple of months ? I might be interested in this,what are you planning on doing for food ? You will need a good few pasties to get round this one,but i’m guessing with 12.5 hours you could possibly fit in a cafe stop for lunch.

• Gunner

26 May 2009 at 8:09 pm

The pace should be fairly relaxed so demand for food stops shouldn’t be as great as at Richmond for example.

We would pass through a number of locations where stops could be possible if necessary, just as I plan to stop at 2 or 3 places.

Places such as Richmond, Masham, Thirsk, Helmesley.

• ShinSplint

27 May 2009 at 1:46 pm

I can’t say for definate, but if nothing gets in the way i.e. holiday, then I would like to join you for this.

• hugo15

27 May 2009 at 1:52 pm

I’m on holiday.

Viewing 1 - 7 of 7 posts
Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now

New Report

Close