Find answers, ask questions, and connect with others in our UK cycling & mountain bike forum.

• 2010 Goals

c j updated 10 years ago 7 Members · 19 Posts
    This page may contain affiliate links which means that Cycling Addicts earns from qualifying purchases. See our full disclosure. This page may contain affiliate links.
  • hugo15

30 December 2009 at 8:00 pm

So 2009 is nearly over and my thoughts are now turning to 2010 goals. So what are your aims for 2010?

Here are mine (in no particular order)

1. Complete the Richmond 100 mile sportive, with sub goal of under 8 hrs time

2. Ride more miles than in 2009, so that’s over 3500

3. Build up my commute so I can do 4 days a week. Currently I usually do 2 days, sometimes 3 days a week. Have never done 4 days.

Will probably add some more as I think of them.

• Gunner

30 December 2009 at 8:15 pm

1) Attempt to ride the Richmond Sportive 80 mile route and achieve a Gold Standard.

2) Reduce bodyweight to 14st 02lbs from current 15st 10lbs by May.

3) Reduce weight training days to 2 per week, increasing reps per set, and reducing rest time per exercise.

4) Complete more “longer” rides of 80 miles +

5) Aim to complete a Metric Century per month.

6) Buy another bike……………. 😆

• ShinSplint

30 December 2009 at 10:26 pm

1. Jan – build up training to a reasonable level.

2. Feb/March – (if I feel ready) Northern Spain for a week, maybe 2 in the mountains.

3. Plenty of miles over the next few months, in preperation for one or two sportives.

4. Maintain/increase my weight training throughout.

• Nicholas-c

30 December 2009 at 11:07 pm

1: Lose weight (Yeah, everyone says that) Currently just shy of 16st, want to get down to at least 14.

2: Go from 40 miles to at least 60-70 mile rides.

3: Go to france and cycle there.

4: Complete a ride for charity.

• HarryB

31 December 2009 at 7:55 am

So 2009 is nearly over and my thoughts are now turning to 2010 goals. So what are your aims for 2010?

Here are mine (in no particular order)

1. Complete the Richmond 100 mile sportive, with sub goal of under 8 hrs time

2. Ride more miles than in 2009, so that’s over 3500

3. Build up my commute so I can do 4 days a week. Currently I usually do 2 days, sometimes 3 days a week. Have never done 4 days.

Will probably add some more as I think of them.

I’m very, very impressed with that 3,500 miles. For a fella who has work and family commitments that is excellent.

I’ll have money that you’ll easily get under eight hours in the Richmond. depending on how my training is going I might even ride it with you and push you a bit just to make sure. I think you can do seven hours.

• HarryB

31 December 2009 at 8:00 am

1. Get a gold in the Northern Rock Cyclone ( I rhink Richmond gold is beyond me).

2. Cycle abroad at least three times next year.

3. Spend zero money on clothes (including cycling gear)

4. Get down to 70kg and

• hugo15

31 December 2009 at 12:14 pm

[

I’m very, very impressed with that 3,500 miles. For a fella who has work and family commitments that is excellent.

Cheers Harry. It’s by far my best year since I started keeping records in 2004. My previous best was just over 2500.

I have benefitted so much from riding with the guys on here. Really looking forward to 2010 now.

• vince

31 December 2009 at 7:44 pm

1. 4 alcohol free weeks in January(concentrate on fitness)

2. Get back into running more regular

3. Try and maintain a regular weight training routine (twice a week would do)

4. Complete a 100 mile ride (possibly Richmond or Northern Rock)

5. Coast to Coast in a day

6. Winter Bike in place for October if not before

7. Be happy and dont take life to seriously

possibly more to follow,but if i manage those 7 i’ll be pleased

Do the coast to coast as fast as I can

Harry what sort of time do think is a realistic aim ? 😉

• Gunner

31 December 2009 at 7:46 pm

Which Coast to Coast route, Vince ❓

• vince

31 December 2009 at 8:00 pm

Whitehaven to Sunderland(possibly tweak it to arrive in Hartlepool)

I’ve done it over 3 days on the MTB but fancy having a crack on the road bike in a day.The route might need a bit of fine tuning to keep on the roads and off the rough stuff.A good site for c2c info http://www.c2c-guide.co.uk/

• HarryB

31 December 2009 at 8:25 pm

Do the coast to coast as fast as I can

Harry what sort of time do think is a realistic aim ?

I did it a few years ago before I got back into cycling again. Did it on a mountain bike with nobbly tyres. Left Whitehaven at 6am and got into our house at 10pm. That included a couple of stops.

I think ten hours is a reasonable aim but I’ll be going for eight hours cos I’m mental

• vince

30 January 2010 at 8:20 pm

1. 4 alcohol free weeks in January(concentrate on fitness)Done Having a few tonight mind 😉

2. Get back into running more regular Seems to be going well about 3 times a week at the moment

3. Try and maintain a regular weight training routine (twice a week would do) I’m trying but still keep dropping the odd session 😥

4. Complete a 100 mile ride (possibly Richmond or Northern Rock)

6. Winter Bike in place for October if not before

7. Be happy and dont take life to seriously

• Gunner

30 January 2010 at 8:23 pm

Tick that one off…….. 😆 😆 😆

Might be sick, but doesn’t stop me spending. 😛 😛

• hugo15

30 January 2010 at 8:32 pm

Tick that one off…….. 😆 😆 😆

Might be sick, but doesn’t stop me spending. 😛 😛

You can’t just leave i like that …… what have you bought?

• hugo15

27 December 2010 at 9:25 am

Prompted by Vince in the 2011 thread I’ve dug out the 2010 goals thread. So how did everyone do?

A rubbish 1 out of 3 for me.

I managed my mileage target but didn’t get round the Richmond 100 and I didn’t manage the 4 days of commuting.

Viewing 1 - 15 of 19 posts
Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now

New Report

Close