Find answers, ask questions, and connect with others in our UK cycling & mountain bike forum.

• April Forum Ride. 2009.

johnc updated 11 years, 9 months ago 6 Members · 11 Posts
    This page may contain affiliate links which means that Cycling Addicts earns from qualifying purchases. See our full disclosure. This page may contain affiliate links.
  • Gunner

15 March 2009 at 8:26 pm

APRIL FORUM RIDE.

DATE………SUNDAY 5th APRIL 2009

START POINT……….GRIBDALE GATE CAR PARK (Above Gt Ayton Station)

START TIME…………0900 hours

DISTANCE………….(To Be Confirmed) MILE very approx.

PACE…………..STEADY

Starting at Gribdale, head up toward the Monument and turn left to follow trail to Kildale. Pass through Kildale and climb Park Nab, following the Cleveland Way, turn left to cross Battersby Moor and Ingleby Moor heading for Armouth Wath.

Climb out Armouth Wath and cross Baysdale Moor, heading for Holiday Hill before turning to take the Skinner Howe Cross Road over Great Hograh Moor. Drop down on road into Hob Hole, then climb up to the Bridleway to cross Kildale Moor making for Baysdale Abbey.

From Baysdale, head back up to the Cleveland Way for a fast descent down Park Nab, through Kildale and up past Bankside Farm to take the forest single track back to the cars.

Fantastic variety of moorland terrain on this route, plenty of climbs and some equally steep descents. A really enjoyable route.

• Upforit

15 March 2009 at 9:13 pm

I’m in 😀 😀

• Gunner

15 March 2009 at 9:15 pm

I’m in 😀 😀

Well done Richard, and bring Lunch this time 😉

• grant

16 March 2009 at 3:36 pm

i’ll be there as well . 😀

• johnc

16 March 2009 at 5:22 pm

Yeh im in for this one, grant make sure you bring the beer this time 😆

• Gouldy

16 March 2009 at 8:57 pm

I,m in to looking forward to it 😀 😀 😀 😀

• Gunner

16 March 2009 at 9:00 pm

Great, glad all you guys are in, looks like the company will be good, and the routes great, we just need the weather 😉

• Gunner

2 April 2009 at 4:51 pm

Weather forecast seems superb for Sunday, seems like it’s going to be very similiar to today. 😀 😀 😀

Shorts, short sleeve tops, sunglasses, etc., etc., seem to be the order of the day 8) 8)

😉

• Gouldy

2 April 2009 at 5:19 pm

Looking forward to it 😀 😀 😀 Should get a good crowd.

• gerard

4 April 2009 at 12:20 pm

it’s been a while boys, but expect 2 see me there.

• johnc

4 April 2009 at 1:07 pm

yes gerard its been awhile is ben coming also, i’ll be there tomorrow, legs might be a little worn out after this mornings 11 mile run 😕

Viewing 1 - 11 of 11 posts
Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now

New Report

Close