Find answers, ask questions, and connect with others in our UK cycling & mountain bike forum.

UK Cycling & Mountain Bike Forum UK Cycling & Mountain Bike Forum Mountain Biking Back to MTB – £1,400 Budget – Full Suspension Ideally..

• Back to MTB – £1,400 Budget – Full Suspension Ideally..

This page may contain affiliate links which means that Cycling Addicts earns from qualifying purchases. See our full disclosure. This page may contain affiliate links.
  • DanielMitchell

15 June 2020 at 12:36 pm

Hello!

I used to MTB locally when I was 15,16,17 in Suffolk & Essex.

I’m now 28 – Married with a house that I’m renovating and feeling like I need to rekindle a hobby again!

I’m 6ft – 12.6 St and keen to get going.

Given the rush for people to get out and about I’m seeing most bikes unavailable – Not all bad given it gives me time to look at reviews etc.

This will be my only bike and it will be used for downhill, trials, and general 10 mile Sunday rides.

Any recommendation would be really appreciated

List so far;

Vitus Mythique 27 VR £1249.99

Vitus Mythique 29 VRS £1449

Calibre Bossnut 3 £1050

Calibre Trible B £1400

Jamis Dakar A2 £1250

Voodo Canzo £1200

• gwjp

9 September 2020 at 1:52 pm

Calibre Triple B is an amazing bike for the money I bought 1 a couple of years ago and I loved it. They are well made with good components and you won’t need to upgrade a thing.

• Gunner

9 September 2020 at 7:10 pm

The Calibre Triple B certainly gets a good review by Bikeradar and certainly seems well worth the price tag.

https://www.bikeradar.com/reviews/bikes/mountain-bikes/full-suspension-mountain-bikes/calibre-triple-b-review/

• itchyeyeballs

11 September 2020 at 5:37 pm

I just ordered a Boardman MTR 8.8, specs look great for the money and released this week so plenty of stock at moment.

My first full suspension, about 20 years since I last ride off-road.

Viewing 1 - 4 of 4 posts
Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now

New Report

Close