Find answers, ask questions, and connect with others in our UK cycling & mountain bike forum.

UK Cycling & Mountain Bike Forum UK Cycling & Mountain Bike Forum The Workshop building a team saracen 2000 need some advice.

• building a team saracen 2000 need some advice.

Jeff updated 11 years, 7 months ago 5 Members · 6 Posts
    This page may contain affiliate links which means that Cycling Addicts earns from qualifying purchases. See our full disclosure. This page may contain affiliate links.
  • yamaha yzf2009

28 September 2009 at 6:55 pm

hi all,

i’ve just bought a team saracen 2000 frame and i need some help off you guy’s with building it and what parts fit it.

firstly what swingarm fits it as i can’t find 1 at the moment and i’ve bought a manitou swinger x3 spv platform mtb rear air shock for it and need to know if this will fit it.

please guy’s help me out as its doing me head’in trying to find the right parts.

lol still building the progear aswell its all going on at the mo.

thanks in advance for your help.

i have shown a pic of the shock but i think it will fit but i think i will need some sort of kit to make it fit any help on this would be great thanks in advance.

• BMR

28 September 2009 at 7:16 pm

Hi,

I might be wrong but I think you may well have to look round for a genuine Saracen 2000 rear arm set including the shock to swing arm bell crank levers, once you have these parts trial fitted you can try your shock on but you may have to get end bushes made up to fit the frame and bell crank lever ends to take the shock.

Brian.

• yamaha yzf2009

28 September 2009 at 7:24 pm

Hi,

I might be wrong but I think you may well have to look round for a genuine Saracen 2000 rear arm set including the shock to swing arm bell crank levers, once you have these parts trial fitted you can try your shock on but you may have to get end bushes made up to fit the frame and bell crank lever ends to take the shock.

Brian.

cheers brian looks like i will after wait until i can find the right swingarm or maybe find another bike with 1 that will fit and thanks very much for the info regarding the shox i will try what you said.

• badblood

29 September 2009 at 7:42 am

additionally the eye to eye of the shock may not fit the frame/swing arm

• FUBBLEJUG

29 September 2009 at 7:11 pm

Jeff built himself a cracking saracen.He’s probs the best guy to ask. 🙂

• Jeff

10 October 2009 at 3:02 pm

oh dear, if i were you id sell the shock and try and sell the front triangle, unless you can find a 2nd hand full bike that needs a front triangle your stuck with it as ive never seen the swing arms come up for sale for ages and even if they did you would probably need a different shock as the i2i length might not be the same and its a fairly critical measurement. if by some miracle you find a swing arm and the shocks the right length then the bushes for the shock can be bought from tftuned for about £30 if they arent stock.

Viewing 1 - 6 of 6 posts
Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now

New Report

Close