Find answers, ask questions, and connect with others in our UK cycling & mountain bike forum.

UK Cycling & Mountain Bike Forum UK Cycling & Mountain Bike Forum Organise a Ride Forum Ride Re-run…21/03/08 confirmed. 0900hrs.

• Forum Ride Re-run…21/03/08 confirmed. 0900hrs.

darrenvt2 updated 12 years, 6 months ago 9 Members · 17 Posts
    This page may contain affiliate links which means that Cycling Addicts earns from qualifying purchases. See our full disclosure.
  • Gunner

5 March 2008 at 10:53 am

I am thinking of doing a re-run of March’s Forum Ride, if anyone want’s to join me………

1) for the benefit of anyone who couldn’t make it

2) ‘cos I quite like the route 😆 😆

See here for a map of the route:

http://www.mtbe.co.uk/march-forum-ride-map-t377.html

I would be looking at a possible start time of 0900 hrs from the Visitors Centre car park this time to add a little extra length to the route and it would be some time over the Easter Weekend, either Friday or Monday.

At the moment it all depends on how well my wife is so I’m just sounding things out at this time…………

😕 😕

Any takers ❓

• Gouldy

5 March 2008 at 11:06 am

No problem Gunner I’ve put leave in for Friday but as yet no answer so will have to wait to confirm 😀

• martinjake2006

5 March 2008 at 9:23 pm

Hi Gunner! What sort of distance are we looking at and is this route hard going as I am not the fittest of riders and don’t want to slow everyone down if I go.

Thanks Martin. 🙄

• Anonymous

6 March 2008 at 12:10 am

Will check my rota!!

• Gunner

6 March 2008 at 6:04 pm

This route is ROUGHLY 22 mile.

There are some very steep climbs on this route, but there are some equally nice descents. The pain you suffer going up is replaced by fun as you come back down.

There are also some points where carrying or pushing your bike is the only option.

The best thing to do is read the FORUM REPORT for this ride for MARCH and judge for yourself from the write up and pictures.

May sound a bit naff, but only you know your fitness and how far you can go, all I can say is that we try to be a friendly bunch on the Forum rides and although the fitter may ride ahead a bit they always wait up for the tail enders whenever necessary.

Hope to see you on it

😉

• martinjake2006

6 March 2008 at 6:35 pm

Hi Gunner! Thanks for the info on the route, I usually ride Guisborough woods with my brother but he can’t always get himself organized in time for us to join you on your forum rides. So this time I think I will join you by myself and look forward to putting some faces to names. 😀

• Gunner

12 March 2008 at 7:39 pm

O.K.

Looking at doing this ride on Good Friday.

Start………………….. Guisborough Visitors Centre.

Time …………………..0900

Route……. From the Centre, up through the woods to the gate at “Unsuitables” top, across to Gribdale then follow route of last Forum Ride. On return to Kildale, turn left and climb up through New Row to Percy Rigg top and back to Visitors Centre via earlier route.

• soshea

12 March 2008 at 10:11 pm

as long as i am not working count me in. 😈

• matt.will

13 March 2008 at 8:36 am

I’m not sure if we’ll be doing anything for the Easter weekend but I’d like to make this one as I was annoyed with myself that I missed it last time.

• Anonymous

13 March 2008 at 7:46 pm

👿 WORKING 👿

• Gouldy

13 March 2008 at 8:33 pm

Ill be there no problem gunner 😀

• darrenvt2

13 March 2008 at 9:06 pm

i will be able to make the ride on friday suec and johnc told me how good the last one was despite the wind

• Benn

13 March 2008 at 10:02 pm

Sounds like a good ride, I’ll be there 😀

• kaya

18 March 2008 at 8:47 pm

Looks like I can play out so see you all at 9 😀

• matt.will

20 March 2008 at 7:30 pm

Looks like this might cause me a bit of a problem time-wise – got friends round later on and gotta put the bathroom back together before they get here 😥

I’ll still be there at 9 but depending on weather/how I feel/etc. I might just spin round the woods or if not may have to cut the ride short (not sure how that will work, but we’ll see….)

Viewing 1 - 15 of 17 posts
Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now

New Report

Close