Find answers, ask questions, and connect with others in our UK cycling & mountain bike forum.

UK Cycling & Mountain Bike Forum UK Cycling & Mountain Bike Forum Organise a Ride Hamsterley Forest – Sat 12th Dec 9:00am Introduction Ride

• Hamsterley Forest – Sat 12th Dec 9:00am Introduction Ride

sp00ky updated 11 years, 5 months ago 7 Members · 13 Posts
    This page may contain affiliate links which means that Cycling Addicts earns from qualifying purchases. See our full disclosure. This page may contain affiliate links.
  • sp00ky

7 December 2009 at 7:35 am

So, lots of new people wanting to meet up from the area so how about the following…

Date: Saturday 12th December 2009

Time: 9:00am

Start: NOW ‘WOOD N WHEELS’ SHOP NEAR TO VISITOR CENTRE

Suggested route would be the Red Route and maybe a bit of fun afterwards on some of the new sections – emphasis on getting out there and having a laugh, catering for all speeds and abilities and meeting some like minded folks!!

Alternative routes also welcome – I haven’t had a good look around Hamsterley for years so no idea what’s there now – suggestions please.

Looking forward to meeting you all there 🙂

Sp00ky (Ian)

• dagza

7 December 2009 at 7:57 am

Sounds good. Ill at the mo so will let you know nearer the time if I am well enough. Not a lot of fun to be had on the old red route it must be said. It is more of a fitness and fireroad route than singletrack fun.

Last time I did the red – a few months ago – part of it was closed. After you do the big climb out of blackling hole car park (i think it is called) there is a left at the very top of the hill that takes in a bit of a tough rocky climb. Is it still closed?

• Joe1986

7 December 2009 at 6:20 pm

I’d be up for that. Yeah I agree with Dagza, done bits of the red route loads of times, more of a fitness run but a good workout at that. Wouldn’t mind trying the new bits as they’re supposed to be pretty good.

• Gunner

7 December 2009 at 6:26 pm

Excellent idea sp00ky, well thought of. 😀 😀

Hope you can get some pictures, I won’t be able to make it as I am hoping to get out on the road bike and do some much needed climbing. 😀

• dagza

7 December 2009 at 6:27 pm

Could do a lap of the red and then when it spits you out near the grove climb up and do section 13, special k then brain freeze. Even finish with a bit of skills loop action for those that have something left in their legs (not me then!)

• sp00ky

7 December 2009 at 8:27 pm

Great ideas, I’ve never strayed off the standard routes at Hamsterley so Section 13, Special K etc are all new to me! Can’t wait, just hope the weather cheers up 😀

• Bones

7 December 2009 at 8:31 pm

noob here 😀 just been reading about this section 13 and it looks fun however im working when u guys go so have a good ride guys and ill catch up next time 😛

• Rob40

7 December 2009 at 10:00 pm

I’m up for that! I usually do the first half of the black, then onto the red at the top by the descend hut. Just love that warp factor fire road drop 😆 , then onto the Grove link and a play on the skills loop. But being another noob I’m happy to follow.

Count me in. Just one question… which is the Grove car park? I always stop by Wood n’ Wheels.

• dagza

7 December 2009 at 10:08 pm

No idea. The one where the swimming pool used to be perhaps or the one next to the playground? Most people meet at wood n wheels.

• sp00ky

8 December 2009 at 7:55 am

OK, I’m showing my lack of knowledge of Hamsterley here.. 😀 sorry

CHANGE OF MEETING VENUE – NOW “WOOD N WHEELS”, near to the visitor centre SAME TIME, 9:00AM.

See you all there!

• diggler

8 December 2009 at 6:25 pm

hey guys.

its the Hamsterley trailblazers club ride on sunday 13th.

why dont we make it one big ride.

best way to learn about the hidden stuff!!!

• dagza

8 December 2009 at 8:17 pm

Good point, Diggler. Rockster also mentioned this in another thread about hamsterley.

The club ride is easily the best way to learn the forest and meet local riders (if you can make Sunday)

• sp00ky

8 December 2009 at 10:32 pm

Agree, club ride would be great but unfortunately cannot make the Sunday as wife’s birthday – you don’t know the trouble that would get me in!

Anyhow, I’ll be there Saturday if anyone’s till up for it.

Cheers

😛

Viewing 1 - 13 of 13 posts
Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now

New Report

Close