Find answers, ask questions, and connect with others in our UK cycling & mountain bike forum.

• Hilly Ride Today. Tuesday 02/06/09

Anonymous updated 11 years, 11 months ago 6 Members · 6 Posts
    This page may contain affiliate links which means that Cycling Addicts earns from qualifying purchases. See our full disclosure. This page may contain affiliate links.
  • Gunner

2 June 2009 at 6:29 pm

After riding with Hugo on Sunday over the Moors, I was keen to get out again on the Scott CR1 and do a bity more climbing. I had roughly 3 hours to play with.

Setting off from Stainton there wasn’t a cloud in the ruddy sky and the sun was absolutely blazing. 8) 8)

I took the main road down to Stokesley and turned for Ayton and then Easby, can you beleive that some parts of the tarmac were actually melting!!!

Through Kildale and first climb of the day up Percy Rigg, then took a right down into Leven Vale followed by that monster of a climb up thorugh the farm, and on, and on, and on………….

Stopped at the top to take a few pictures.

LOOKING BACK TOWARDS PERCY RIGG:

OVER TO RALPH’S CROSS, HARDLY A RUDDY CLOUD:

LOOKING DOWN ON COMMONDALE:

Fast descent down into Hob Hole and through the ford, no water in it today, that’s how dry it has been. Stiff climb up out of the valley followed by a quick blast down into Westerdale where there is damned steep, but short climb from the Esk river into the village.

LOOKING DOWN TO WESTERDALE:

I had intended to climb to Ralphs Cross, 😈 but time was against me and I had to take a left turn and follow the road to Castleton where I descended to the river and passed the Eskdale pub, for a nice stiff climb to the Commondale road.

Left turn and a fast descent into the village only to have to climb out the other side. 😀

No sooner was I up this than I was descending into Sleddale for another climb to Percy Rigg again from the other side. This was the last climb of the day and then it was “motoring” mode as I sped through Kildale, Easby and into Stokesley to pop into Westbrooks. 😉

Leaving Stokesley I headed for Tame Bridge the made for Seamer and Stainton, then home.

Lovely quick blast with some nice demanding climbs that the CR1 handled admirably. 😉

2 hours 37 minutes.

38.12 mile

14.1 mph roughly.

😀

• HarryB

2 June 2009 at 7:16 pm

Now that’s what I call a proper ride. Loadsa hills.

• hugo15

2 June 2009 at 7:24 pm

It’s great being out in the moors. I really enjoy riding over there.

Just the commute on the fixed for me today. Wasn’t overly warm when I left to come home……. where has the sun gone………… hope it comes back soon.

• Steve Kish

2 June 2009 at 8:36 pm

You bastards!! How come you have such great scenery up there? 😥 😥 😥

• Abzz

2 June 2009 at 9:27 pm

Never mind Steve, there is always Hounslow High Street for you to admire 😯 😆

• Anonymous

3 June 2009 at 7:20 am

You bastards!! How come you have such great scenery up there? 😥 😥 😥

We also have an excellent selection of ales too 😆 😆

Viewing 1 - 6 of 6 posts
Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now

New Report

Close