- Member30 March 2020 at 8:20 am
Good Morning Boys n Girls.
It’s been a long time since I posted on here ðŸ™‚
I’m looking at getting a new Trail Bike shortly. I’ve given myself a budget of £1200-£1300 and have narrowed it down to two options which I’m stuck between. I was originally looking for a hardtail with around 140mm travel and “aggressivish”? geometry. I want new, not secondhand. Generally found you’ll get a better specced HT over a lower specced FS for my budget… and I still have my old Haro FR/DH bike which is heavy and old, but awesome to ride…
1) 2020 Orbea Laufey H30. Love the look of it, and the Geometry etc. Not so keen on the wait time, but had decided this is what I was gonna go for (in blue).
Or, this has just become available in my price range and thrown me off kilter.
2) 2020 Calibre Triple B. ðŸ¤” I wasn’t really after a FS but the spec looks good for the money, just not sure on the colour. It’s also 27.5 and I was aiming for 29”?.
Can anyone shed any light on either bike and offer any suggestions. I tend to keep things a long time so wanna make the best choice to start with.
- Member2 April 2020 at 4:49 pm
Nevermind, the Calibre is out of the question so I’m going for the Orbea.
Maybe in a position to go for the top spec H-LTD one. If not it’ll be the H10. Main difference is the forks.
H-LTD has Fox Float 34 140mm Performance 15×110 boost
H10 has Marz Z2 140mm RAIL/Air
Anyone have any experience of either fork?
I’ll be putting my spare set of Hope Tech EVO M4’s on. Better than them sitting in my garage. Though build/delivery date is currently showing as 6/7th June ðŸ˜«
- Member21 July 2020 at 12:06 pm
Well, in the end I went for an Orbea. I ordered a H-LTD but this order was cancelled by Orbea due to supply issues. After some discussion I ordered a Laufey H30 with every avaliable factory option upgrade and an upgrade to an SLX 12×1 drivetrain when it arrived at the shop.
Received it 3months later (14th July) Added some frame protection and my freshly serviced spare pair of brakes, tubeless setup and boom. New hardtail. Love it.
Just need to get back into riding after my 7 year break from it now.
- Member21 July 2020 at 12:44 pm
Looks awesome !!
- Member21 July 2020 at 7:44 pm
Nice, when’s the first outing planned?
- Member25 July 2020 at 10:15 am
Find answers, ask questions, and connect with others in our UK cycling & mountain bike forum.