Find answers, ask questions, and connect with others in our UK cycling & mountain bike forum.

• League 2000 Video

mr-marty-martin updated 12 years, 10 months ago 3 Members · 12 Posts
    This page may contain affiliate links which means that Cycling Addicts earns from qualifying purchases. See our full disclosure. This page may contain affiliate links.
  • Filthy

1 July 2008 at 11:20 am

For anyone with kids thinking of taking part in the league 2000 here’s a short video to give you an idea of what they do.

James demonstrates how to do the skills test in the practice then how not to do it on the timed run, there was going to be some handlebar cam footage of the time trial but the camera mount slipped at the first corner.

http://www.vimeo.com/1260237

League 2000 details here…

http://www.league2000.co.uk/news.php

• Gunner

1 July 2008 at 6:52 pm

Great to see kids getting involved at such an early age, and in a traffic free environment like the Centre at South Bank. Keep it up 😀 😀

• mr-marty-martin

1 July 2008 at 10:20 pm

nice one tesside autodrome 😀 i was racing my mini moto there tonight(great fun)

do yous no if you could enter races as a one of event just that im hoping to do some races but havent got the time every week

btw im 14

• Filthy

1 July 2008 at 10:38 pm

Yes just turn up register and pay your £3 entry fee, what you like on a road bike there’s some really fast ones in the U14 catagory !

• mr-marty-martin

2 July 2008 at 2:06 pm

hopefully better than them 😆

but im getting allot better now so i think its time for some realy hard trainin

• Gunner

2 July 2008 at 6:20 pm

Filthy, I don’t know if you may know through your contacts through League 2000, but does anything happen at Croft Circuit from a road bike point of view either youngster or adult category ❓

• mr-marty-martin

2 July 2008 at 7:42 pm

hi gunner

yes croft do have road events round their circuit. not sure when or what the classes are.

me personaly would realy enjoy riding the motorbike tracks. as i race minimotos. when you go around the bends you stick your knee slider on the floor and would be funny as i’d be trying it on the pedal bike 😛

• Filthy

2 July 2008 at 9:55 pm

what marty said… I know they run timetrials there but not sure of the details, will try and find out.

• mr-marty-martin

2 July 2008 at 10:25 pm

theirs some results on the tli cycling website so mabey you could email them for some info. btw its looking like its just adult racing around there.

heres a link to the tli site http://www.theleagueinternational.com/ymncroftresults.htm

• mr-marty-martin

2 July 2008 at 10:35 pm

i cant find any solid info on the net but mi mates dad john has been road racing for years so will ask him to moro and see if he knows anything

btw are you wanting to race there if you can

• Gunner

3 July 2008 at 6:51 pm

I don’t know whether or not I want to race Marty, I’d like to, but it would depend on times/commitments etc., etc.

At least if the option was there I could take it or leave it 😕 put it that way

😉

• mr-marty-martin

3 July 2008 at 7:50 pm

same here tbh with league 2000 and events at hetton hawks. but if my mam and dads work times were differant id be their. also i work on saturdays at my dads mates restraunt (helps me pay for my bikes) will stop working at the end of the year when i have my good mountain bike( in about a month) and a decent new road bike.

btw have you ever raced in any events before

Viewing 1 - 12 of 12 posts
Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now

New Report

Close