Find answers, ask questions, and connect with others in our UK cycling & mountain bike forum.

• Lidl cycling gear. 23/07/09

Reece updated 11 years, 10 months ago 9 Members · 20 Posts
    This page may contain affiliate links which means that Cycling Addicts earns from qualifying purchases. See our full disclosure. This page may contain affiliate links.
  • Benn

17 July 2009 at 7:00 am

Some biking gear going cheap at Lidl next Thursday.

http://www.lidl.co.uk/uk/home.nsf/pages/c.o.20090723.index.ar10

I’m after some cycling shoes, anyone used these ones and if so, what they like?

• FunkyJunky

17 July 2009 at 11:55 am

Same here….. looking at those shoes as an intro into SPD, might buy the one sided shimano pedals form ebay to try them out with.

Could be false economy though, but looking to get these shoes.

• Steve Kish

17 July 2009 at 12:10 pm

The shoes are very good, better than my Shimano MTs.

I’ve bought lots of stuff at Lidl’s and am pleased with all of it. The £9.99 jacket is great!

• fitzytyke

17 July 2009 at 6:46 pm

Im definately going to have a ride to my nearest one. Jacket, shoes, pump and helmet all worth a coat of looking i reckon. 😀

• FunkyJunky

17 July 2009 at 7:39 pm

It’s just a shame I’m still a fat knacker and wouldn’t squeeze into a XL….. yet! Will certainly look at the shoes!!

• Steve Kish

18 July 2009 at 6:12 pm

I’m 15 stone and the XL is loose on me! 😀

• Benn

19 July 2009 at 9:42 am

I’ve bought plently of stuff from Aldi, which has always been decent. Never tried Lidl though. For this price I think I think I’ll try the shoes out, shame they don’t sell pedals too 🙂

• Reece

19 July 2009 at 5:09 pm

glad i found this thread. have just been mooching round on the net looking for cycling trousers, top and a under seat tool kit/bag.

Good news is i work 2 minutes from my local lidl store so i know what im doing on my lunch break thursday hehe

• Gunner

19 July 2009 at 5:51 pm

I’ve had some great gear from Lidl in the past.

Particularly the shoes, which is how I entered the briliant world of “clipless”.

There is some gear I would not recommend however, based on my experiences after purchasing it.

In this set of offers, I would not recommend the track pump, I bought 2 before and they were useless.

• Benn

19 July 2009 at 8:05 pm

In this set of offers, I would not recommend the track pump, I bought 2 before and they were useless.

Which pump do you mean? I was thinking of getting the large floor pump.

• Gunner

19 July 2009 at 8:09 pm

This one;

http://www.lidl.co.uk/uk/home.nsf/pages/c.o.20090723.p.Floor_Pump.ar10

The £4.99 floor pump. I had 2 and I had to throw them both out, they would not inflate anything, Presta or Schraeder.

• Steve Kish

19 July 2009 at 8:42 pm

Gunner, they now have this new thingy called Consumer Protection where you take the item back to the shop, moan a bit about how crap it is and get your money back! 😕

• Gunner

20 July 2009 at 1:38 pm

you take the item back to the shop, moan a bit about how crap it is and get your money back! 😕

Couldn’t really be arsed for a tenner. 😉

• mad al

22 July 2009 at 12:14 pm

we’ll be off there in the morning, helmet and shoes are well worth the dosh. I’ve bought a fair bit from Lidl’s over the years and never had a problem.

Al 😉

• Agman

23 July 2009 at 1:11 am

The shoes lok ok, may pop down this morning and inspect them a bit closely. Might be ok for forecoming double coast to coast, although I’ve plenty of appoach shoes. Anyway, I’m down in Stockton High Street.

Viewing 1 - 15 of 20 posts
Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now

New Report

Close