Find answers, ask questions, and connect with others in our UK cycling & mountain bike forum.

• Ride London 2016

Ashleydwsmith updated 3 years, 12 months ago 3 Members · 4 Posts
    This page may contain affiliate links which means that Cycling Addicts earns from qualifying purchases. See our full disclosure.
  • Gunner

31 July 2016 at 7:36 pm
  • stelfc2005

1 August 2016 at 6:52 pm

Seems like big problems on this years Ride London Event.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/ride-london-2016-crash-latest-news-updates-cycling-cyclists-hospital-injured-disruption-a7165061.html

😯

It seems most of the issues where purely down to numbers. From what I’ve read the organisers ask each person for an estimated completion time based on the riders fitness , ability and experience the faster riders go of early so they don’t catch up the slower riders and cause the bottle necks that happened . Obviously people want an early start so are being a bit liberal about their estimated time 😯

That and reports of chain gangs blasting up the road without regard to anyone is a recipe for disaster. I’ll be leaving this one and staying local , their are plenty of sportives round here !

• Gunner

1 August 2016 at 7:01 pm

Just been reading that apparently one guy had a heart attack at about 25 mile in. 😯

Also been reading a lot of comments about Strava and the negative value it brings to such events…………………… 😕

• Ashleydwsmith

6 August 2016 at 6:56 pm

i would agree with the comments about strava, everyone wants to finish it as quickly as possible. And then theres no consideration for others. Bearing in mind the fact we had both sides of the road to ride on the amount of times a chaingang came past me at breakneck speed wanting to cut back in was amazing.

Also thought they should of done the 46 on a different day, as when we were 25km out the number of riders increased causing even more bottlenecks.

Viewing 1 - 4 of 4 posts
Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now

New Report

Close