Find answers, ask questions, and connect with others in our UK cycling & mountain bike forum.

• Shimano M585 Brake pads

This page may contain affiliate links which means that Cycling Addicts earns from qualifying purchases. See our full disclosure. This page may contain affiliate links.
  • CLATChY

29 October 2008 at 4:15 pm

Hi

I thought i`d do a bit of maintenance on my bike today, so i bled the brakes, added new mineral brake oil etc..

Brake pads where well worn so I thought I`d go too westbrooks too get new ones for the front and back.

fitted them np, When the new pads are in there is no room for the caliper too go it..

Pistons pushed back as far as possible, dont seem too be any more room..

I got the right pads as per ref number.

Is there something im missing?

Any help comments please

CLATChY

EDIT Sorted it I should stick too what im qualified in Cooking & Computers.

But I do like to have a go and fixingUpgrade myself..

• K88MUD

29 October 2008 at 4:42 pm

Possibly if you have bleed them when the old pads were in the system will have no room for the fluid when you push the pistons back…..try opening the bleed nipple and push the pistons further back.

• CLATChY

4 November 2008 at 12:23 am

I put my bike all back together today, all sorted gonna do a road test tomorrow, to Stokesley & back, check out the overshoes at westbrooks.

Only need my shock servicing now then ready for the winter rides..

Its prolly a good job I never brought a new bike this time of year, it will get wreaked in the winter months (salt,crud & me falling off )etc..

• mr-marty-martin

4 November 2008 at 5:04 pm

glad you to hear you’ve got it sorted, have fun 😉

Viewing 1 - 4 of 4 posts
Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now

New Report

Close