Find answers, ask questions, and connect with others in our UK cycling & mountain bike forum.

• Sunday 30/03/08

matt.will updated 12 years, 5 months ago 4 Members · 7 Posts
    This page may contain affiliate links which means that Cycling Addicts earns from qualifying purchases. See our full disclosure.
  • Gunner

26 March 2008 at 8:01 pm

Anybody up for a ride Sunday morning, weather permitting?

I was looking at starting from the Visitor Centre car park, heading through the woods, across Roseberry Common down through Aireyholme Farm then up Dikes Lane to Gribdale, climb up Capt Cooks, down to Lonsdale Plantation and up to Percy Rigg then up past the Observation Point, down the “Unsuitables” and back through the forest to the car park.

I was hoping to start at 0900 and keep the pace fairly brisk?

• matt.will

27 March 2008 at 8:39 am

Maybe. The route might be a bit tame though if Shaun’s gonna give his demo bike a proper testing?

• johnc

27 March 2008 at 8:50 am

Hi gunner,

Was going up guis woods on sunday anyway, so may join you, need to improve my fitness.

• soshea

27 March 2008 at 5:59 pm

i will be out but need something to give the bike a test on..

• Gunner

27 March 2008 at 6:24 pm

Maybe. The route might be a bit tame though if Shaun’s gonna give his demo bike a proper testing?

I don’t think there’s a great deal on this route to rattle anyones suspension apart from the track past the Observation Point and down the “Unsuitables”, but like I said, I am after a fairly brisk pace, and some climbing, which you’ll agree, there is bit of on this route!!

I do think though that one of the biggest, or should that be, two of the biggest tests you can give a bike are;

1) How it climbs over a variety of terrain.

2) How fast you can ride it at a sustained pace.

Particularly if you are spending a lot on it.

That’s just my point of view though 😉 😉

• Gunner

27 March 2008 at 6:28 pm

Hi gunner,

Was going up guis woods on sunday anyway, so may join you, need to improve my fitness.

Okay 😉

I will be at the Centre Car Park for 0900, if your up for a different ride, no probs 8)

• matt.will

29 March 2008 at 5:19 pm

Don’t forget the clocks change tonight so it’s an early start tomorrow!

Viewing 1 - 7 of 7 posts
Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now

New Report

Close