Find answers, ask questions, and connect with others in our UK cycling & mountain bike forum.

UK Cycling & Mountain Bike Forum UK Cycling & Mountain Bike Forum Road Riding Todays Ride 13/10/09. (Change of plan……)

• Todays Ride 13/10/09. (Change of plan……)

HarryB updated 11 years, 3 months ago 4 Members · 9 Posts
    This page may contain affiliate links which means that Cycling Addicts earns from qualifying purchases. See our full disclosure. This page may contain affiliate links.
  • Gunner

13 October 2009 at 2:42 pm

Should have been out on the MTB today. I had planned to drive down to Rosedale and do a very long route off road in that area, doing lots of exploring.

However, the thrill of yesterdays ride on the CR1 and the prospect of good weather today made me shelve those plans for a rainy day, and came the CR1 for more roadie type fun today. 😀 😀

Setting off this morning, it seemed a tad milder than yesterday and hardly a puff of wind. I fancied riding down to Helmsley and over to Thirsk, but I also fancied a ride out Richmond way…………. 😕 😕 😕

Richmond way won. 😀

From Stainton I headed down to Hutton Rudby then across to Crathorne, through Picton and onto Appleton Wiske. Onto Hornby and Gt. Smeaton, where I crossed the A167 and made for East Cowton, North Cowton and onto Moulton.

It was here, only 4 mile from Richmond that I decided to turn for Scorton and have a look at some roads down that way.

I stopped to take a quick photo looking back towards the Cleveland Hills.

Down to Scorton and onto Bolton on Swale where I turned for Whitwell, Streetham and Danby Wiske, beautiful quiet country lanes, although a tad rough.

Onto the A167 and I headed North to Little Smeaton where I turned for Deighton and back to Aplpeton Wiske, from where I returned to Stainton the way I had originally came on the outbound route.

Lovely weather, and good conditions on the roads, really pleased with the CR1.

😀

My Stats:

3 hours 53 min

64.61 mile

16.6 mph

4390 calories

2026 ft climbing.

Anyone else been out. 😕

• hugo15

13 October 2009 at 7:05 pm

Take it your are off work again this week 😉 .

Looks like another good ride. I never think about riding over that way. Looks like it would be good for a winter training ride?

• Gunner

13 October 2009 at 7:16 pm

Yes, some very nice quiet roads, well suited for group riding.

May look at organising a little run over that way once the Richmond ride is under our belts. 😉

• hugo15

13 October 2009 at 7:17 pm

So where are you off to tomorrow?

• Gunner

13 October 2009 at 7:24 pm

Rain forecast for tomorrow, so I am most likely to head up to Guisborough Woods and do a little climbing and cross country on the hardtail. 😀

I was going to go to Rosedale but to be honest I can’t really be arsed to drive their and back when I could be spending the time riding.

😉

• hugo15

13 October 2009 at 7:26 pm

Have a good ride 😀

• steviegil

13 October 2009 at 8:17 pm

You must put in some mile’s in a week! 😯 😆

• Gunner

13 October 2009 at 8:19 pm

I like to try 😉

• HarryB

13 October 2009 at 8:39 pm

It’s ridiculous. He does more miles than me and I’m full-time.

Viewing 1 - 9 of 9 posts
Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now

New Report

Close