Find answers, ask questions, and connect with others in our UK cycling & mountain bike forum.

• Todays ride. Saturday 13/6/09

Gunner updated 11 years, 11 months ago 1 Member · 1 Post
    This page may contain affiliate links which means that Cycling Addicts earns from qualifying purchases. See our full disclosure. This page may contain affiliate links.
  • Gunner

13 June 2009 at 7:43 pm

Well, as the “Guys” were doing the Northern Rock Cyclone Sportive today, I headed out to the coast and put a hard 45 miles in.

I decided to take the Scott CR1 out even though the forecast was for rain showers along the coast from mid morning…… 🙄 🙄

I was glad that I hadn’t plumped to do the Sportive as I was feeling quite tired and my legs were feeling rather heavy, which I could only put down to my starting a new squat and deadlift routine this week.

Heading out to Guisborough I seemed to be making hard work of it, and I turned for Upleatham and onto Saltburn. Descending Saltburn Bank, I then climbed up to Brotton then dropped down into Skinningrove, only to face the massive climb out of the harbour, and this is a big steep bugger, I was glad of the cool breeze off the sea. 😳 😳

I then rode along to Loftus, and Easingwold where I turned right and made past Grinkle Park to come out on the Whitby road, A174.

Turning right, I made for Birke Browe and Guisborough, finally seeming to come out of my malaise and start to get some decent speed up as I hit the dual carrigeway for Nunthorpe.

Back lanes from there to home.

Just under 3 hours.

45 mile

15.4 mph.

Should have been out a little longer and done more hills if I’d done the route I wanted, but as I said I was feeling quite jiggered today. 😳 😳

Hope the “guys” all had a better ride than me.

Viewing 1 of 1 posts
Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now

New Report

Close