Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Forums Forums Mountain Biking whats a 2014 orange clockwork worth?

• whats a 2014 orange clockwork worth?

• glenandem

1 December 2017 at 3:09 pm

looking for a nice hardtail and been offered a 2014 base model clockwork for £350 and just wondered what do these bikes go for generally and are they decent bikes, ive never had an orange mainly a cube man but bike looks nice for a ht in the orange colour and back rims, 29er too which again i never had before!!

is that a good price to pay for one as they looked like they was priced about £800ish new in 2014!

• ryansam

1 December 2017 at 7:31 pm

looking for a nice hardtail and been offered a 2014 base model clockwork for £350 and just wondered what do these bikes go for generally and are they decent bikes, ive never had an orange mainly a cube man but bike looks nice for a ht in the orange colour and back rims, 29er too which again i never had before!!

is that a good price to pay for one as they looked like they was priced about £800ish new in 2014!

Might be a bit overpriced,maybe worth £250-300.here’s the spec

https://www.orangebikes.co.uk/archive/2014/clockwork/

If your on FB check out Orange riders.

• glenandem

2 December 2017 at 8:22 am

Thanks pal, I joined and they seem to be raving its an bargain on there lol

I’m not sure though, I currently have a 2015 cube ltd pro 27.5 and wondering if its a better bike than that looking at them side by side or whether to stick with the cube!

• martini henrie

2 December 2017 at 4:35 pm

Personally I don’t think that it’s worth the change, as you’ve got a pretty similar bike already. Maybe upgrade the wheels or the groupset on the cube for the money?

If its a bike you been hankering for then maybe, but the Cube hardtails have good reviews and I don’t think the 29er wheels will make that much of a difference, and early ones might feel a bit boaty. If you had a 26er as your original bike then I’d advise otherwise. I’m considering changing my 26er Epic, possibly, maybe…

Good luck either way 8)

• ryansam

2 December 2017 at 7:15 pm

Thanks pal, I joined and they seem to be raving its an bargain on there lol

I’m not sure though, I currently have a 2015 cube ltd pro 27.5 and wondering if its a better bike than that looking at them side by side or whether to stick with the cube!

The reason I said it’s not worth that is its got a square taper bb,coil forks & is 9 speed with bottom end shimano front/ rear derailleur.Is it worth upgrading as these bits break,its a big outlay for say a 10 speed upgrade/air forks.

• glenandem

2 December 2017 at 8:20 pm

Thanks for advice guys, I went out for a spin on my ltd pro today and just don’t see why I need to get rid of it, it’s a good all round bike that feels sold running slx Xt gears and the front Reba fork does the job just fine for what I use it for!!

Think I’ll save the pennies and start saving for a full sus!

• SuPaReTrO

3 December 2017 at 7:16 pm

I went from a 2012 cube ltd to a 2014 clockwork,even with upgraded bits I still prefer the cube…but £350 for a bike fairly new in decent condition is a good price in my opinion

• CarnaptiousBStard

12 January 2018 at 6:31 am

Bit of a late reply but I would favour an Orange over a Cube .

Nothing wrong with Cube but Oranges Geo hits the spot .

Viewing 1 - 8 of 8 posts
Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now

New Report

Close